8 years of chasing my dream job - "Flight Attendant"


This dream became a desperation when I already reach the certain age when I'm almost 30.

It all started way back in 2010 when I was a fresh graduate in interior design. Although its a bit too far from the job that I really wanted to pursue because my parents owns a furniture business and the reason why I took up the course of Interior Design was to help my parents in their business.

While I'm still there I decided to go on a different direction and start to apply in the airline industries.
The very first airline I applied for was Zest Air before it was Air Asia now. I wasn't ready for an interview and I had no idea what to do when applying that job. Because I was too nervous I failed the interview  and applied to the next airline which is Air Philippines before it was Pal Express.

I had no idea why my height and weight was measured and told me only because of that I wasn't able to pass again the interview. Until I have tried most airlines here in Metro Manila like Cebu Pacific they just measured your height, tell your name age and how you know about Cebu Pacific.

By only checking your physical appearance you can fail and tell you your not qualified for this job.
I don't understand why they are so strict with the requirements like that. So in 2013 I started to attend Flight Attendant seminars like Wings Institue save money and I enrolled myself in an English school program which is John Robert Powers to improve my English communication skills.

Then in 2015 I decided to enroll myself in a Flight Attendant school near me because ICATS, WCC and Omni Aviation are too far from my place. They are all in Quezon City and Clark Pampanga.

After that I applied again in many airline jobs such as: Astro Air, Oman Air, IPAMS (Tried 5 Times and failed because of arm reach test 212cm), Qatar (3 Times because of arm reach and during the interview the recruiter told me I will be receiving an email but nothing), Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pac-Tiger Air, Passing resumes in Sea Air in Makati no feedback, Cathay Pacific is based in Hongkong and if I want to apply I need to fly to Hongkong, Air Asia (Thousands of applicants fall in line but after smiling and turn around if they won't like us we are all not qualified) I also had an experience being caled back because I became part of the shortlisted candidates but unfortunately I failed again, same with Pal Express they all based in physical appearance only and how we present ourselves and for them its not important what is written inside the resume, and many many more...

I even applied in Ground Handling/ PSA (Passenger Service Agent) position in Miascor, Macro Asia (waited for the interview until 6pm because the interviewer was too busy so we had an examination first), Skylogistics (After having an exams I have reached the 4th interview and failed), PAGGS, then the TMSI in Amvel city Paranaque I was able to reach until the training but failed in the 5th day because I wasn't able to reached to passing score even if there is a retake for the exam.

I don't remember how many times I keep coming back to those airlines I couldn't even land a job so that's why my parents told me to try a different job since I'm not getting any younger I have no work experience whatsoever aside from the family business.

So I tried applying in a call center SYKES. I was able to stay until 8 months and resigned after because I wasn't able to meet the standards. After that I stopped applying for a while because me and my family are going abroad to visit my relatives. So I was vacant for 4 months and after that I went back home again in the Philippines and started to look for a job again.

I was just focused in my dream job again but even though I tried improving myself changing my mistakes before its still too difficult to apply in the cabin crew position. I tried applying all over again but failed and gets rejected again. I don't know if I should be able to continue pursuing this dream or just let go and move on :(



 

 
with Sir Leonides Pena
PAL EXPRESS




QATAR OPEN DAY













AIR ASIA OPEN DAY




By: Joanna April Lumbad

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Airplane Announcements - Tagalog and English version Philippines for Flight Attendant (Practice only)

✈๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ 54 STATION CODES & AIRPORT LOCATIONS IN THE PHILIPPINES ❤ by: Joanna April Lumbad

AIRLINES WITH HEIGHT REQUIREMENT OR ARM REACH ONLY FOR CABIN CREW IN THE PHILIPPINES